These observation questions are designed to be followed with application questions to provide a self-directed or group study of the book of 1st Thessalonians. Find all 1 Thessalonians resources here. Enjoy!
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 – Observation Questions
Read 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4 thoroughly and answer the questions below. Consider reading the chapter multiple times before answering.
- According to verse 13, why was it important for the Thessalonians to be informed about those who were asleep?
- Considering verses 13-16, to whom is Paul referring when he uses the word asleep?
- According to verse 14, how should what we know about Jesus give us hope regarding those believers who have died?
- What will God do concerning those who have fallen asleep? (v14)
- To what event is Paul referring in verses 15-16? Who are the two people groups mentioned here?
- In your own words, describe the order of events in verses 15-17.
- What things will accompany the coming of Christ? (v16)
- With whom will those who are alive be caught up together? (v17)
- The events described here result in an eternal change. According to verse 17, what is it?
- For what purpose did Paul write to the Thessalonians about the coming of Christ? (v13,18)