1. I am not the most important person in my life.
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
2. My Relationship with God is the Most Important Relationship I Have
Matthew 22:37-38 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment.
3. My First Priority is to Please God Even to the Exclusion of Pleasing Others
Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
4. I am Never the Victim of Circumstance Because God is Always in Control
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
5. Even Difficult Circumstances Are Within God’s Plan for Me
James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
6. God’s Grace Will Be Enough for Whatever I Face
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
7. God is the Righteous Judge and I Can Commit Any Offenses to His Judgement
1 Peter 2:21-23 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 22 He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. 23 When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly.
8. Because God has Forgiven me, I Can and Should Forgive Those Who Have Hurt Me
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
9. My Earthly Possessions are Vain and Temporary
Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
10. God’s Holy Spirit Within Me is a Promise of Future Glory After Death
Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.